Click Link/Box Above for Full Agenda.
Feb Meeting Minutes 2023 - Please click the link to open a PDF. Also available in your Newsletter
APRIL Meeting Minutes 2023 - Please click the link to open a PDF. Also available in your Newsletter
Colonial Acres Phase V Minutes
12-9-2020 Virtual Meeting
The Zoom meeting began at 1:03 pm. In attendance were Bill Charles. George Birchmeier, Cindy Christianson, Katy Kay, Susie Brock, Stacy Klabak and Jim Reuschlein. The Pledge of Allegiance could not be done.
A motion to approve last month’s minutes was made by George and seconded by Katy. All approved the motion.
A motion to approve the Financial Report, given by Jim, was made by Katy. Cindy seconded the motion. All approved the motion.
Jim gave the management report. Susie made a motion to approve and was seconded by George. All approved the motion.
Bill is working on the 2021 Board Meeting calendar. Yes, it will have evening meetings. NOTE! There will not be an in person Board meeting or Clubhouse meeting in the month of January.
Reopening the Clubhouse will be discussed in January.
The re-keying of the 2 bathrooms, 1 kitchen door and 1 pass through door has been completed. Your keys will not work. There will be 4 new master keys.
The new master keys will be signed out. The master keys will be given to Bill, John, Clearview and Clubhouse chairperson. These keys cannot be duplicated.
The Tax Tribunal did not go in our favor. We are being taxed at the appropriate level. No relief coming.
South Lyon will be issuing a water increase. Details to
A new computer will be purchased for the entry system & Clubhouse signage. Jim and Bill will handle it.
Comcast has access to our property for site consideration. Suggestions for how to spend the Sign Up fee are flat screen TV, new sound system, automated bath fixtures, pool upkeep and outdoor games for the Clubhouse.
Each unit will be give 1 new Clubhouse entry card. The card will have a hole punch to enable it to be put on a key chain. The start up process is targeted for December 18.
Susie made a motion that an additional entry card can be purchased for a $5.00 fee and a lost entry card will have a $25.00 fee. Cindy seconded the motion. All approved the motion.
A bench is ordered to be placed by the 11 Mile entrance.
11-1 Williamsburg asphalt will be re-evaluated next June.
91-1 The vinyl siding will be finished in 2022.
Thank you Phillip Garlow for donating a printer for the Clubhouse.
Bill closed the meeting at 2:15 pm
Minutes submitted by Susie Brock Type your paragraph here.
Before you feed the ducks consider how much it cost to repair the damage they cause, the additional treatment we must do to the ponds and the waste they leave behind.
Before you feed the ducks, geese, birds of any kind visit the Michigan DRQ website for the latest information on the bird flu/virus that is spreading across our great lakes.
Before you feed the cute little animals that visit your court yards and decks, think about the rodents it attracts and how they will love to move into your place. The food source will become their home and their home will cause damage and pest that are not covered by the monthly maintenance fees.
Do you have a concern, suggestion or item you would like to see on the next meeting agenda?
You can submit your request here and it will be securely sent to the Board President, Sue Brock in care of the Board of Directors.
Please be advise this is a forum to the Board and only the Board of Directors, to be used for Board/Property business.
This is NOT the place to submit a work order, discuss your account or circumvent the proper procedure of the management office.
Click the box below to view the
COLONIAL ACRES PHASE V AGENDA
MARCH 10, 2021 VIRTUAL MEETING
1. APPROVE FEBRUARY MINUTES
2. APPROVE MANAGEMENT REPORT
3. APPROVE FINANCIAL REPORT
4. OLD BUSINESS –
RE-OPEN CLUBHOUSE 4-5-21
DECIDE ON MR. KETTLEHUT’S STARTING HOURS?
WHEN IS THE WEB KEY CLASS?
WHAT TO DO WITH THE ORGAN?
5. NEW BUSINESS –
WHERE IS THE APRIL BOARD MEETING BEING HELD?
APPROVE THE UPDATED CLUBHOUSE RULES.
DISCUSS IMPROVEMENTS: VANITIES, DISHWASHER, CHAIRS
AND SOUND SYSTEM.
CLUBHOUSE CHAIR NEEDS HARD SIDE DOOR KEY.
6. BOARD REPORTS AND ITEMS – A HUGE THANK YOU TO GEORGE BIRCHMEIR FOR CLEANING THE WORK SHOP SHED!!
7. MEMBER ISSUES – GARBAGE CANS SHOULD REMAIN IN THEIR COURTYARD UNTIL SUNDAY EVENING.
8. MOTION TO CLOSE
COLONIAL ACRES PHASE V
11-11-20 BOARD MEETING MINUTES
1. Meeting was called to order at 1:00 pm. Bill, Cindy, Katy and Susie were present from the
Board. Jim Reuschlein represented Clearview Management. Pledge of Allegiance was said.
2. Approval of last meeting minutes was motioned by Susie and seconded by Katy. Cindy, Katy and Susie voted to approve.
3. Jim gave the Management Financial Report. Cindy made a motion to approve the report and
seconded by Katy. Cindy, Katy and Susie voted to approve the report.
4. Jim gave the Management Report. Susie made a motion to approve the report and seconded by Katy. Katy, Cindy and Susie voted to approve the report.
Tax Tribunal was postponed to December 8, 2020.
Deck and railings will be a composite and done in the spring.
5. Veterans Day was recognized and “Thank You” goes out to all of our Veterans!
6. Old Business – Comcast contract was discussed. This new contract will last 10 years. We will
receive $100 per unit per door fee. Free installation for the first 90 days. Comcast will be
advertising Colonial Acres Phase V. 2-year personal contracts are available. Susie made a motion
to accept this contract and was seconded by Cindy. Approval to accept this contract was voted by
Cindy, Katy and Susie.
- Paul’s Plumbing was discussed. Members must sign a form when their Boiler or Furnace is
inspected or cleaned. This will be a 3-year contract. Clearview Management will decide the
start-up and winterizing dates. Watering time will be reduced. Katy made a motion to approve and
was seconded by Cindy. Approval to accept this contract was voted by Cindy, Katy and Susie.
- Clubhouse electronic entry system was discussed. An entry card will be issued to each unit.
An additional card can be obtained with a fee to be determined. Lost cards will be charged a fee
also. This company, Sonitrol, will be controlled via computer software. Susie will handle the
install and monthly up keep. A motion to accept Sonitrol contract was made by Katy and seconded by Cindy. Cindy, Katy and Susie voted to approval the contract.
- Opening the Clubhouse to members only was discussed. A commercial sanitizer will be purchased as well as a hand held thermometer. For December, only the Clubhouse meeting has been approved to be indoors.
The Board meeting in January will determine if anything else will be allowed.
7. New Business – Budget discussion 2021. The Clubhouse entry lighting will be replaced
along the driveway. with an electronic, double sided sign. The signage will be controlled via a
- There will be a $5.00 increase in our monthly carrying charge starting in January.
- There will be a $5.00 increase in the sump pump discount.
- Heritage patch paving will be done in the spring. A motion to accept the budget and the
above changes was made by Cindy and seconded by Katy. Approval to accept the budget was voted by Cindy, Katy and Susie.
- Should we have more evening meetings was discussed. Due to Covid, this will be discussed next Board meeting in January.
8. Correspondence – Satellite Dishes will be allowed on the backside wall of the bus top. (Inside
the courtyard). Motion to approve was made by Cindy and seconded by Susie. Cindy, Katy and Susie approved motion.
9. Board Member Items – “Snow Angels” are here! Any resident who wishes to have their car
cleaned off of snow and is 85 years or older, contact Susie B. 248-892-5183. High School
Community Service students will perform this service 6-7 am on plowing days.
- Katy inquired if there is any way to earn more money off of our savings? Since the account must
remain liquid, it doesn’t appear so. Katy will check into this.
- Susie reminds everyone that the bonfires must be 30 feet from the buildings. A fire
extinguisher or working hose must be present.
- Susie also cautioned the membership to watch their dogs. There have been attacks lately. Your
dog must be on a leash, not just attached to a rope off the deck. Please remember to pick up your
- Bill stated no holes are to be drilled in the vinyl. Stop the violations, as members will be
fined. Vinyl hangers are allowed.*
- The following doors will be re-keyed. The 2 bathroom doors, 1 kitchen door and 1 pass thru door
are going to be changed. The Board will determine who will get copies of these new keys. If you
are no longer in positions that required keys, please turn in your keys.
10. Member Issues – 106-4 asked about non-permanent fire pits or rings. If they are 30 feet from
the buildings, they are allowed. Permanent fire rings are not. Feel free to contact the Board if
you have any questions.
11. At 2:28 pm, Cindy made a motion to close the meeting. Katy seconded the motion. Cindy, Katy and Susie voted to approve the motion.
Minutes submitted by Susie Brock
* Vinyl hangers, that clip onto siding, may be purchase at many hardware stores in the area.